How to Root Motorola Droid X2 with Gingerbreak – Simple Steps
If you had bought Motorola Droid X2 which had loaded with a 1Ghz Tegra 2 dual core processor with 512 MB of RAM powered with Android 2.2 (Froyo) OS can be upgradeable to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and has a 8GB internal storage memory and can be extended with the help of microSD card up to 32 GB. Now to take benefits of customize ROMS and MODS developed by XDA developers you have to root your Motorola Droid X2 from which you can more customize and take your smartphone at the high level.
The rooting process of Motorola Droid X2 is very easy and one click process. You can root Motorola Droid X2 with the help of Gingerbreak app. Gingerbreak work for Android 2.2 (Froyo), Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and for Android 2.4 (Honeycomb) as well. Gingerbreak app having an extension of .apk, This APK file after uploading to your device settles the files at the right place and after that run the exploit, the exploit then trying to attain the root access, if it got the access the exploit remounts /system as read-write and runs the application installer script. Then the application installer script attempts to install the su binary and superuser APK and after that restart the phone.
Procedure To Root Motorola Droid X2:
Starting Precautions & Instructions:
- Save the APN and MMS Settings, they will be reset after the rooting process and have to enter back to gain the internet access.
- Backup all your phone data presented in internal or external memory, data may be loss while rooting your smartphone. After having complete backup, format your microSD will be use during the rooting process.
- Warranty will be void after rooting process.
- Battery of the phone should be 50% charged.
- Follow the given instructions properly. If not you may brick or damaged your phone, otherwise we are not responsible for it.
- Gingerbreak App (Download Here)
- Step One: First of all set up your phone at USB debugging Mode, Go to (Settings > Manage Applications > Development) and enable the USB debugging mode.
- Step Two: Now, Download the Gingerbreak App file from the above given link and connected your phone with the computer. Make sure that formatted SD Card has been properly inserted in the phone. Upload or Copy Gingerbreak App file to microSD card.
- Step Three: Open and install the Gingerbreak App.
- Step Four: After installing the app, launch the app and press root button in the app and wait a while for the exploit to run.
- Step Five: Device will be reboot after this, it takes up to 10 minutes because of cache clearing. If everything goes as above then your Motorola Droid X2 has rooted successfully. You will find the SuperUser App has been installed and working properly. You can also install Busy Box App for more vast customization of your phone but its upon on your choice.
Note: If any time you wish to unroot your phone then just uninstall the Gingerbreak App from your phone to disable the root access.