How To Root Samsung Droid Charge – Useful Steps
After buying Verizon Samsung Droid Charge Android Smartphone, many of its users wants to customize it and you can do it by root your Samsung Droid Charge which is on Android v2.2(Froyo). You can enable your device to read/write access of system path files by rooting it. We are providing here the complete procedure root your Samsung Droid Charge.
Procedure to Root Samsung Droid Charge:
- Make a backup of all the phone data including internal and external.
- Charged the battery atleast up to half level.
- Note the APN Settings, after rooting process it will reset and have to enter again to gain internet connectivity.
- Install latest framework & KIES 2 on your computer.
- Follow all the instruction carefully.
- If you will make any mistake or not properly follow the instructions, you may damage or brick your phone.
- Warranty will be void after rooting the process.
Do at your own risk. We will not responsible for any problem, issue or damage.
- Step One: Your atmost duty to download all the above required and unpack them and after that you will find the three types of file GingerBreak, SU, Superuser.apk.
- Step Two: Set the device to USB debugging Mode by Go to Settings -> Application -> Development.
- Step Three: Make the connection between Phone and Computer and Push the files to the phone by entering the below commands:
adb push GingerBreak /data/local/
adb push su /data/local/
- Step Four: After entering the commands, after a while you will gain the root access and probably if you fails then just repeat the process and enter following command.
- Step Five: At this point, Shell will displaying “$” sign, then enter the below command,
- Step Six: Now Shell starting to “#” instead of “$” when it confirms that shell displaying “$” then run the below commands,
mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /dev/block/stl10 /system
cat /data/local/su > /system/xbin/su
chown 0:0 /system/xbin/su
chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su
That’s it. You have successfully completed the root process and now just install the SuperUser App latest will be available at Android Market Store.
If you will face issues to get the root access then just remove the temporary cache files by entering following command.
adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/*
If you still find any problems or have questions in mind then you can ask here we will try solve your issues or answer your questions as soon as possible.